CALL FOR PAPER
eLearning Baltics (eLBa) 2012
eLBa Science – International Scientific eLearning Conference
June 21-22, 2012, Rostock, Germany
Deadline for submission of extended abstracts: January 31, 2012
AIMS AND SCOPE
The 5th international conference »eLearning Baltics« (eLBa) 2012 will again bring together researchers, practitioners and scientists, people using eLearning products and services as well as people producing them.
eLBa 2012 will cover different aspects of learning and teaching with digital media in various settings such as classroom, university, workplace, home or mobile environments. This includes formal as well as informal methods and technologies in different branches like research, construction, manufacturing and on different levels like the office or shop-floor-level in manufacturing. It will address diverse topics and perspectives, technologies and theories, implementations and evaluations of eLearning from the fields of computer science, pedagogy, psychology and design. Accordingly, we invite experts from all these fields to contribute to eLBa 2012.
Like the previous eLBa conferences, eLBa 2012 consists of three parts:
– eLBa Science — an international scientific conference,
– eLBa Business — a business congress and user forum,
– eLBa Exhibition — an accompanying exhibition for eLearning products and services.
The eLBa Science – international scientific eLearning conference – is supported by »Gesellschaft für Informatik« (GI), the German network of professionals teaching, researching or working in computer science, and by the German Chapter of ACM.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Technology Enhanced Learning
– eLearning and Virtual Training: Concepts, Technologies, and Methodologies
– Workplace Learning: Working, Collaborating, and Learning
– Game Based Learning: Teaching, Learning and Gaming
– Virtual and Augmented Reality in Learning and Training
– Virtual Learning Environments
– Location and Context Aware Learning and Training
– Pedagogical Issues for eLearning and Virtual Training
– Assistance at the Workplace
– Electronic Job Performance Support: Concepts, Technologies, and Methodologies
– Task Modeling and Task Recognition
– User Profile Modeling and Behavior Recognition
– Semantic Enhanced Knowledge Discovery and Information Providing
– User Context Detection and Activity Logging
– Context Aware Recommendation
– HCI for Assistance at the Workplace
– Applications of Technology Enhanced Learning and Assistance at the Workplace
– Virtual Class Rooms, Laboratories, and Universities
– Mobile Learning, Teaching and Training
– Collaborative Learning and Social Networks in Learning and Training
– Learner Motivation and Assessment in eLearning and Training
– Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
– Situation Aware Assistance in Work Processes
– AR Maintenance
We invite submissions presenting original academic or industrial research. Please submit an extended abstract of at least 3 pages (shorter abstracts will be rejected) in English language via EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=elba2012) until January 31, 2012.
The three-page extended abstract shall introduce the research question treated in the
full paper including applied methods and expected results. All submissions must be rendered anonymous to facilitate blind reviewing. They will be peer-reviewed and selected according to reviewer recommendations.
We expect camera-ready papers of 8 to 10 pages by April 15, 2012. Presentations will have to be held at the conference. Accepted submissions will have to be presented by at least one author at eLBa 2012 in Rostock and will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will be published additionally in the Springer Journal “Transaction on Edutainment”.
Accepted submissions require registration and payment until April 15, 2012 in order to be published in the conference proceedings. The respective invoice (189 EUR plus VAT) will be sent along with acceptance notifications.
Please find more information about the submission process along with a paper template at http://www.eLearning-Baltics.eu.
Submission deadline for extended abstracts January 31, 2012
Notification of acceptance March 15, 2012
Camera-ready papers April 15, 2012
eLBa conference in Rostock June 21-22, 2012
Bodo Urban, Fraunhofer IGD
Petra Müsebeck, Fraunhofer IGD